NORTH PORT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
JOB TITLE: Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager helps with project execution, bidding, and quality control and is involved with client and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. The position requires strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as strong communication and client service skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee crew and participate in ecosystem restoration projects involving non-native plant treatment/removal and native planting.
- Assist with contracts and bid packages.
- Assist with project execution including project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems, maintain relationships with clients.
- Prepare and submit data reports according to specifications.
- Conduct quality control inspections
- Majority of work will be conducted in wetlands in south Florida.
- Use of 4x4 utility vehicles, swamp buggies, and airboats, transport of machinery and boats.
- Ability to carry heavy backpacks while traversing uneven terrain.
- Requires extensive travel and overnight stays.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Able to work productively with little supervision.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office products.
- Ability to lead a crew.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of data and record keeping.
- Ability to operate GPS receiver and collect spatial data.
- Ability to operate and conduct field maintenance of vehicles, spray equipment, chainsaws, small boats, airboats, ATVs, and swamp buggies.
- Ability to recognize and avoid hazards associated with operation of such equipment.
- Knowledge of poisonous plants and animals, biting insects, and hostile terrain
- Ability to work under adverse physical and weather conditions, including high temperature and humidity.
- Core and natural areas herbicide applicator license (within 60 days of employment).
- Knowledge of native and exotic plants.
- Ability to complete daily progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Environmental Sciences
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Experience in environmental field
- Valid Florida driver’s license and a clean driving record